Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

So 2012 is here and as always, I've made a whole host of resolutions.  Funny thing though, I have learned so much over the last few months as we've grown with MA, that this year, my approach is completely different.  Previously, I've made the resolutions and then each day looked back to see how I've done.  Now, looking back is a great way to keep yourself honest but if you've had a bad day, broken a resolution or two, it can be a demoralizer.  We all know what happens then, right?  You feel guilty, so you break another one and another one and another one until that nifty set of resolutions become the 600 pound elephant in the corner! 
So what's different, you ask?  JR always says you don't get the confidence from arriving at the destination, you get to the destination because you have the confidence.  Pretty Zen, huh!  But what it boils down to is this.  My resolutions this year are forward looking.  I am carrying myself with the energy and confidence that I have ALREADY achieved them not I'm working up to it.  It's a small but profound difference and to get different don't we ultimately HAVE to do different?
So that's my new "different".  By the end of the year, it will be my new "norm" and I can't wait to see where it takes me!  Want to come along with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment